Josiah Hill’s campaign seeks passionate, hardworking applicants to join a competitive, energized campaign as we work to elect DFL candidate Josiah Hill to the State Senate in 2020. The Organizing Fellowship Internship position requires a passion for the democratic process, a willingness to tackle new challenges and opportunities, and a desire to improve our community.
The Organizing Fellowship Internship is a great opportunity for those looking to gain experience in political organizing, state policy issues, and getting involved in the community. Students from a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Assist with managing our voter database
- Assist with voter engagement and direct voter contact, including phone banking, door knocking, and organizing events
- Assist with donor outreach and management
- Plan and execute events along with other Organizing Fellows, volunteers, and the campaign committee
- Report to the Campaign Manager
- Support our Volunteer Coordinators
- Excitement and passion for improving ourcommunity
- Interest in people-centered, metric-drivenwork
- Willing to work as part of ateam
- Creativity and an attention todetail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applicants who are accepted will work with the Campaign Manager to establish a schedule. Organizing Fellows will be expected to commit between 8-12 hours to the campaign, but we can accommodate a school schedule.
While the Organizing Fellow position is unpaid, the campaign will work with students seeking to earn academic credit for an internship.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Rachel at email@example.com, with the subject line “Campaign Organizing Fellowship Internship.”