Josiah Hill’s campaign seeks passionate, hardworking applicants to join a competitive, energized campaign as we work to elect DFL candidate Josiah Hill to the State Senate in 2020. The Organizing Fellowship Internship position requires a passion for the democratic process, a willingness to tackle new challenges and opportunities, and a desire to improve our community.
The Organizing Fellowship Internship is a great opportunity for those looking to gain experience in political organizing, state policy issues, and getting involved in the community. Students from a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Assist with managing our voter database
- Assist with voter engagement and direct voter contact, including phone banking, door knocking, and organizing events
- Assist with donor outreach and management
- Plan and execute events along with other Organizing Fellows, volunteers, and the campaign committee
- Report to the Campaign Manager
- Support our Volunteer Coordinators
- Excitement and passion for improving ourcommunity
- Interest in people-centered, metric-drivenwork
- Willing to work as part of ateam
- Creativity and an attention todetail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applicants who are accepted will work with the Campaign Manager to establish a schedule. Organizing Fellows will be expected to commit between 8-12 hours to the campaign, but we can accommodate a school schedule.
While the Organizing Fellow position is unpaid, the campaign will work with students seeking to earn academic credit for an internship.